Homeowners Insurance in San Antonio, TX
A standard homeowners insurance policy insures the home itself and the things you keep inside. By having homeowners insurance, you can financially protect yourself if there’s an accident. Contact our agency today to learn more about homeowners insurance or to get a no-obligation quote.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
As its name suggests, homeowners insurance can provide a versatile and robust financial safety net for you and your home. Securing an adequate policy can ensure access to potentially critical financial assistance in response to covered incidents. Conversely, lacking sufficient insurance could leave you without the means to maintain your home, financial stability and quality of life.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Although this type of coverage, also known as home insurance, is among the most commonly purchased in the United States, it can also be complicated and nuanced. Homeowners insurance can often be customized to suit your unique circumstances, including budget, needs and preferences. However, in most cases, policies include the following:
- Dwelling coverage may financially protect the structure of your home, including its foundations, walls and roof.
- Other structures coverage may help pay for damage sustained by detached garages, sheds, gazebos and fences.
- Contents coverage may compensate you for losses involving your possessions, such as electronics, furniture and clothing.
- Liability coverage may provide financial assistance if you are at fault for a third party’s injuries or property damage, such as a guest, neighbor or passerby.
- Loss-of-use coverage may render financial aid if your home is temporarily uninhabitable, such as for hotel stays, restaurant meals and storage.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
Homeowners insurance is not legally required. However, if you’ve purchased your home using a mortgage, your lender will typically require you to maintain certain levels of coverage throughout the duration of your loan. In some cases, such as if you own a condo, you may also be subject to requirements from other parties, such as homeowners associations.
Regardless of official obligations, homeowners insurance should be considered one of your top financial priorities. These policies provide critical fiscal security and peace of mind; failing to secure or maintain an adequate policy could jeopardize your finances and future.
Do I Need Homeowners Insurance?
While purchasing a home insurance policy may not be mandated by the federal, state or local government, your lender may require proof of home insurance if you have a mortgage. Carrying appropriate homeowners insurance is always a good idea as the policy can help financially protect you if you experience a covered accident or other loss. Without home insurance, you may be left to cover the replacement or repair costs on your own following an incident.
How to Get Homeowners Insurance
If you need a homeowners insurance policy or want to evaluate whether the coverage you have is adequate, we’re here to help. Give American Eagle Insurance & Tax Insurance a call today to get started or request your free quote now.